So you’ve hit level 60 which is the max level to get to in Marvel Heroes. What do you do next? This is a question I frequently hear and see in chat and so I am putting together a series of posts to address this. Please keep in mind that this is going to try to cover all of the bases but cannot take into account every play style. Hopefully I will be able to give a bit of guidance and clarify certain things which are intuitive for the long time players but may be confusing to the new player joining the ranks.
If you’re new or haven’t been around in a while, here is a link to some of the Items you will see in Marvel Heroes.
Things to do when you’re Lvl 60 – Marvel Heroes
The fun part about Marvel Heroes is that reaching level 60 is just part of the game. All of the content that follows is designed to keep you involved with the game and allow for more character progression. Getting your character ready for raids is important as it will make things easier for you in a raid as well as farming the cosmic zones.
Whether you’re a new 60 or a veteran you can use this as a general guide on what to do now that you’re part of the end game.
1. Additional points.
Take the time to go through the Story mode specific chapters that award extra HP, Spirit and Skill points.
- 12 Power points, 60 spirit points and 375 additional HP earned for completing specific parts of Normal, Heroic & Super Heroic Modes.
2. Costume Affixes
- At level 60 you want to add a lvl 60 costume core to your Heroes costume.
- Cores can be looted from any enemy in lvl 60 zones or raids
- Trifecta cores have a higher drop rate in Cosmic Midtown and Cosmic Industry City Patrol Zones located under the Challenges tab when you use a teleport pad.
- Visit the crafter and look under the costume tab to see which core that hero uses as well as what mats (ingredients) you need to affix the core to the costume.
- You want to use a level 60 core because the damage modifiers that you can then roll will have higher thresholds.
- The general rule is to go for (90% or better):
- Critical damage rating Grade 1 – 343 to 382, Grade 2 – 688 to 765,Grade 3 – 1,059 to 1,177 and Grade 4 – 1,483 to 1,648
- Click here for list of various affixes and top rolls as compiled by Mjoll on the Marvel Forums.
- Tip: holding down the left ALT key on your keyboard while hovering over the costume will show the max rolls for that particular affix that is on the costume.
3. Pet affixes
- If you do not have a pet you can get one in one of the following ways:
- Purchase from the MH store with MH Gold.
- Purchase a MK 1 fortune card from Clea – pet has a chance to drop
- Purchase a pet with Eternity Splinters from the Eternity Splinter vendor
- Purchase specific Cards with Gold from MH Store that has a chance to drop a pet.
- Prestige a Hero and be able to buy an Iron Buddy pet of that prestige color for 1 million credits from Clea.
- Increase your influence in Genosha to Legendary and be able to buy a sentinel pet.
- If you have a pet then you can roll for the best possible stats for your hero or a set of heroes
- The tiers are rolled when you donate the appropriate color gear to the pet. Pets must be equipped to benefit from this.
- Manually donate by holding the Left ALT key and right clicking the item to be donated ( Uniques can ONLY be donated this way)
- Automatically donate by using auto loot in the options -> gameplay menu
- It will cascade donations with auto loot so if you have a tier color with an affix then the next one below it (Cosmic > Purple > Blue > Green)
- Generally Speaking you are looking to get:
- Green Tier : +8% base health (560 health at level 60 with 8%)
- Blue Tier : +50 spirit
- Purple Tier : +10% brutal damage
- Cosmic Tier : +1 to all powers OR +2 to powers that are beneficial to your Hero.
- Unique Tier : +3 to Fighting Or +3 to energy or strength (depending on your Hero)
- Pet tips:
- Pets are not bound to a hero, move them around when you need to.
- You dont have to switch heroes to grab your pet, simply open your inventory then hit T to open character selection. Click on the hero with the pet once and its inventory will be displayed, drag and drop the pet into the inventory area and then close the window, when you open it you can then drag the pet into the spot.
- If you are not satisfied with the pet affix go to the crafter and reset the affix (eg Blue Tier) that you specifically would like to retry. You will need pure element mats, the number will vary depending on the tier you wish to retry.
4. Gear up
- As soon as you hit 60 you should start looking for the BIS or Best in Slot gear for your Hero.
- Continue Doing Legendary Quests as well as the Shared Quests for Odin marks.
- Get 300 odin marks and get your lvl 70 legendary
- Get a blessing on each of your artifacts.
- The blessings can be swapped so if the artifact you’re wearing isn’t BIS, don’t worry, use it till you can get what you need.
- Summoner Builds use 4 x Frigga
- All others use 4 x Hela
- If you’re not in a Supergroup, I suggest you find one (there’s always a large SG looking for people in the forums). SG members are a great way to learn and get questions answered quickly.
- A tip I have for running cosmic terminals is to do the bounty and then let the SG know that the bounty is done, there’ll be people who will go in and defeat the boss very quickly which will help you get artifacts, exp for Omegas and the random Artifact.
- Look to the forums specific to your Hero for the more popular builds out there.
- There are people who have played the game extensively and have testing out various builds down to a science.
- Look at their builds and use them as a guide to fit your play style.
- You can have a better time knowing what you’re going for as well as what are alternative options for you while you’re going after BIS.
- Look for the + to skills that will allow the skills you do use to get as close to the Max of 50 as possible. Remember to use your ALT key while hovering over your item to see how close to the max roll they are.
- At the beginning you will use whatever gear you get with Challenge bonuses as drops. Later on you will add challenge bonuses to the gear with the best possible stats.
- Enchant your gear as soon as possible
- HP for Slots 2-4 and an offensive enchant for slots 1 and 5.
- Farm boss specific terminals / areas for the BIS artifacts for your hero.
- Do your Shared, Genosha(Located in the Hammer Bay hub spot) and Daily Quests as well as the other 2 one shots every day to receive Commendations of both types unless you’ve hit the weekly cap. Ask your SG to take you into a Green raid each week.
- Use your Heroes Commendations to get the recipes from Hogun In Odins Palace to upgrade your slot 1, 5, 2, 3 ,4 in that order to Item Grade 66.
- Use your Protectors commendations to get the recipes from Hogun In Odins Palace to upgrade your slot 1, 5, 2, 3 ,4 in that order to Item Grade 69.
- Use your Heroes Commendations to get the recipes from the Quartermaster in Hammer Bay at Trusted Reputation to upgrade your medallion and insignia in that order to Item Grade 66.
- If you’re lucky an SG member will have the insignia upgrade and can do it for you as they remain trade-able as long as they are un bound.
- Upgrading your Ultimate power past lvl 10 and getting past 3k omegas are major game changers so these two things should be a priority while you gear up.
Hopefully this post explains what you should be addressing now that you are 60. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave a comment.