This is the third of a six part series to show the mechanics of a Red Raid. The second boss you encounter is Overseer Slag.
Marvel Heroes Red Raid is the harder difficulty raid of the two raids that are currently available as end game content for level 60 Heroes. The primary purpose behind this raid is to collect Hearts of Demonfire which are used to purchase recipe’s and tokens from the Raid Vendor (Hogun located in the SE part of the map) in Odins Palace (Chapter 9). Although these raids also drop uniques, it is assumed that you have a full set of uniques with challenge bonuses already. The only other reasons to do the raids would be to get the Surtur Rune that is used in crafting recipes and get Costume Cores that drop from the bosses.
Marvel Heroes Red Raid – Overseer Slag
There is a death penalty in here and if the raid suffers 30 deaths collectively then it is a fail and you have to start over. Overseer Slag is in the middle of the map on an isolated platform and he is surrounded by 10 prisoners in different places in the map. Everyone fires off their Ultimate after the first butt slam, only Heroes with Empower on their Ultimates staggers them every 25%.
Four members of the raid will be assigned one of the following sets of prisoners. Their only duty during the entire fight is to kill the archers spawning (Yellow Elite Glow) that attack the prisoners and call out Fire Giants. They are divided up as follows:
- 1-3 – east part of the map
- 4 & 5 south east part of the map (can help with prioner #3)
- 6-8 north west part of the map
- 9 & 10 west part of the map – accessible only by someone who can teleport or fly over the gaps to their platforms. (can help with prisoner #8)
At 75%, 50% and 25% of Slags health Fire Giants will appear in three of the four quadrants where prisoners are located. Three people will rush to the quadrant, kill the fire giant and take the buff that it drops (note it doesn’t always drop a buff). With the buff, they then go back to the center platform where Slag is and run over the fire dots placed there during the fight by Slag (1:50 in the video is one example). This clears the platforms and allows for a smoother fight. They then continue to fight Slag.
He has three attacks:
- A normal strike with his mace directly in front of him to the closest melee Hero.
- A fire circle he usually throws at ranged characters around him and remains until the buff to remove them is used or they go away after a while.
- These can stack up and surround the melee on him and hurt them when they are avoiding his butt slam and keep ranged away from doing damage.
- Butt Slam – this will one shot just about anyone. A large red circle surrounding him blinks a couple times and he launches himself into the air and comes down on his butt. If you are caught in the radius of this attack you will most likely die so head away from him to avoid it and then go back in to attack.
If you can manage to avoid dying then it should be smooth. Here’s is an in depth walk through on MH forums.