I have been playing Marvel Heroes for a few months now and have found that there are quite a few different ways to level your characters. The factors that primarily affect the rate at which you level primarily are how many level 60 characters you have, what event is happening during that week and how you like to play.
Marvel Heroes Leveling
- I suggest that you only do the legendary quests that take you to Industry City Patrol, Midtown Manhattan or a green terminal. When you get a Legendary Quest that is not one of these you should re roll it to get one that is. You should have enough credits to do so.
- Note that you can use a legendary on a prestiged or level 1 character if you have the Odin Marks to afford it.
- Lvls 1 through 20 just use any gear that has a higher offensive or defensive overall stat.
- Lvl 20 and up only equip Cosmic (yellow) or Unique (brown) gear with a higher offensive or defensive overall stat.
- Keep around 100k credits and donate the rest to the Crafter & Enchanter.
- Do every daily shared quest as they will provide odin marks and extra gear and exp points.
- Be efficient. Ask your SG what they recommend and if anyone can help you.
New Players – See controls and all of the basics in depth here.
- Pro MLG Tip **NEVER sign up at any website with the same email / password combo as your game login**
- Never trade store bought items for anything with anyone – it will result in a ban.
- If you are on your first character you may want to follow along with the Story Quests as they unfold for you. You go to each NPC that has a question mark over their head and complete the task they indicate that needs to be done. The leveling this way is slower but for some of you, it may be more enjoyable.
- You do not have to stick to the story mode if you want to level faster. You will have to complete the prologue mission and then end up in Stark Tower Prologue map. At that point you can go into Shield Holo-Sim or Midtown Manhattan under the Challenges tab at the teleporter pad.
- Simply survive and kill mobs in the Holo Sim or Midtown and continue that way.
- Depending on the shared quests for that day you may want to switch from Midtown to Industry City for the extra Exp and rewards for the Daily Shared Quest Completion.
- At level 20 you will be able to do legendary quests in these areas.
- Once you hit Level 60 you may then do the story mode. There are specific Story Mode rewards that will give you Power points , Mana Points and Health Points.
- Unless you have a friend / SuperGroup member that will party you and take you to the waypoints , you will have to go through the entire story.
- New players: Leveling your Crafter (Hank Pym)(Thanks to Hakkudoshi)
- Donate all unused/bad Epics, Comics, Costume Cores, and Artifacts until your Crafter hits level 17.
- You will then be able to make the 50k credit chest using 3 of the same uniques.
- example (Blue Mage’s Bodysuit) the level of the item does NOT have to be the same you can then donate this chest for Crafter Exp
- this will get your Crafter to level 19 (max 20) you can then make the 200k and 500k chest with 4 and 5 of the same unique it is these chests that you want to use to level your Enchanter, Weapon, and Armor Vendors (one 500k chest will level form 1 to 15)
Players with at least one level 60 Character –
- Once you have a level 60 character you will find that you will earn credits at a much more rapid rate and this will allow you to level your subsequent characters (or prestige) faster than your initial character.
- Because of the Hero Synergy Exp bonus, the more lvl 60 characters you have, the faster your exp gain will be.
- You should go to the Shield Holo-Sim and level until level 20.
- At that point you will be able to do Legendary Quests.
Marvel Heroes has a different event every week except on certain holidays. For example the Thanksgiving event and Christmas Events may span 2 -3 weeks each.
The event may affect how to level and if to level a character at all if you already have a level 60 character.
For example Mondays could be spent in Midtown as bosses drop chests with extra Exp on those days. Coupled with the fact that you can reroll the Legendary Quests to remain in midtown, allows for faster leveling.
Omega Events are great for exp and omega points. Farming terminals for omega points is the fastest way to gain them. Find a terminal you can rush through quickly and also kill the boss quickly, groups with a teleporter are recommended.